Tree Care/Delivery Driver – Northwest Nurseries Inc.
TITLE: Tree Care/Delivery Driver
LOCATION: Redmond, WA
START DATE: ASAP
HOURS: 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday (8:00am- 5:00 pm) with possibility of Saturdays and overtime in the spring.
Northwest Nurseries is specialty nursery that provides the landscaping community with high-quality and unique perennials, shrubs, and trees. We are seeking a strong individual to join our small family owned business. The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude, willingness to learn, a strong work ethic focused on servicing our customers and the success of the nursery. Experience driving trucks and a forklift a plus.
- Load trees for customers
- Deliver customer orders in the greater Seattle area
- Pickup plants in Oregon
- Offload incoming plant material from trucks
- Process, label and put trees away
- General plant care such as watering/weeding/fertilizing/pruning
- Drive tractor/forklift and other equipment to unload/load trucks and move materials
- Inventory control
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must demonstrate accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail
- Perform daily tasks under minimal supervision and be able to work independently as well as in groups.
- Work experience in a nursery preferred
- Basic plant ID knowledge preferred
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of conditions
- Able to lift 50lbs, stand, kneel, reach, stoop, bend, twist for long periods of time
- Good communication and organizational skills
- A passion for plants and enjoy working with people
Benefits include Paid Vacation, 7 Paid Holidays, Medical/Dental Coverage after 30 days, 401K plan after a year.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your resume to Laura Wildfong at email@example.com to setup an interview.